Harlem's What They're Reppin' - Revisiting the Rise of the A$AP MOB

YES, THEY'RE BACK.

The boys from the hoods of Harlem are back and they're back with a BANG by releasing the first part of their "Flacko Jodye Season" by dropping a new music video release of their track "Multiply."


In light of the A$AP Mob's return after a lengthy, fairly quiet hiatus in the hip hop scene, I wanted to quickly revisit their beginnings from the run-down ghetto Harlem neighborhoods to the top of the music charts, all while being sought after by many of the hottest artists today to collaborate with. It seems as if everything the A$AP Mob touches, they become either instant club bangers or must-own items to cop.

"I always thought I would. I always imagined I would. I always felt it could happen but I never knew how it would. This is the shit I always said I wish I could do. I'm doing this shit now." - A$AP Rocky


For those who may have missed or been caught off guard by their sudden rise, back in August, Noisey released a 5 part documentary chronicling the exclusive inside look at the rise of a group of young-in's coming straight out of Harlem, NY. Calling themselves the A$AP Mob as a collective unit, and led by the one and only A$AP Rocky "Lord Flacco", they have very quickly taken over the hip hop scene by storm. The entire mob has defied all odds, both on a personal level as each of them have been influenced by the vicious cycle of gang violence in their communities and within the pop culture/hip hop community, as the other A$AP Mob members have also received an precedent rise as well, not just A$AP Rocky.


First with their hard-hitting, psychedelic beats and soon after, infusing their high-end designer brand fashion sense into the world of hip hop, the A$AP Mob has undoubtedly become a force to be reckoned with as a pop phenomenon.


Learn more about their self-proclaimed expected rise to fame from the members of the A$AP Mob themselves and also featuring guest star appearances from Drake, Macklemore, Snoop Dog, and even scenes of the A$AP mob performing in Vancouver during Rihanna's tour stop.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.