The Perspective Series: Big Sean


In anticipation of his new album set to drop in late February, titled "Dark Sky Paradise", Big Sean keeps his fans in check by dropping his latest video feature in his life beliefs installation. Sharing his perspective on different life values, Big Sean reflects on various instances of how he prioritized between different life obstacles and what is most important in his life, as learned throughout his career.

Sometimes as the individual solely listening to the by-product of an artist's work, we fail to realize that music artists and rappers are much like ourselves. We go through similar struggles in life - they may have it on a more magnified scale - but different factors may still bring us up or down. Getting a raw look at how Big Sean grows not only as an artist but seeing the inspiration behind what he does, fan get to see behind the rapper visage, but more so, an individual overcoming life's odds to fulfill his passions and dreams.

Watch below as Big Sean weaves his perspective on the different beliefs he stands upon on the values of patience, love, risk, family, reality, fear, and imagination.

P A T I E N C E


Quote: "Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting." - Joyce Meyer

Lesson: See the bigger picture in everything. There are things you can control and some you can't. When you approach the situation with patience, you're bringing your best self to that situation; giving yourself the best chance at success at whatever's at hand.

Song inspiration: Wait For Me (feat. Lupe Fiasco)


L O V E


Quote: "The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love." - Henry Valentine Miller

Lesson: Don't be led to believe what someone else believes or succumb to the beliefs society has instilled us - do what you love. What you do, how you do it, why you do it, and who you do it with. You would never put the extra care to anything you didn't love. Early mornings and late nights wouldn't even make sense.

Song inspiration: Love Story (feat. Keely)


R I S K


Lesson: Everything changes; nothing stays the same. You can't be scared to lose security with what you do have by stopping to progress with something new. Don't settle with what is familiar and safe. Risk is a way to overcome what you fear. It is the necessary development to self-development.

Song inspiration: IDFWU


F A M I L Y


Lesson: Family may not always mean you're with each other; it means when you come back, the love is still the same or even stronger than before, despite what was said or done in the past. Those are the people you can call on and who can call on you. It's not about having somebody; it's about being that somebody too - cause that's what family does for each other.

Song inspiration: Hometown


R EA L I T Y


Quote: "Nothing ever becomes real 'til it is experienced." - John Keats

Lesson: Just cause we know it's possible, it doesn't mean it's real. If I want it, if I believe I can have it, then that's my reality. I'll attract it and it will attract to me. We can make any situation we think about real. Enjoy the journey of making all your dreams and goals reality cause the journey makes you who you are.

Song inspiration: 1st Quarter Freestyle


F E A R


Quote: "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free." - Aristotle

Lesson: Nothing ever good comes out of being afraid of a situation. Instead of letting my fears scare or dis-enable me, I let them motivate me and inspire me by getting passed them. A higher power is clearly in charge and only wants the absolutely best for me, for anybody, and only gives us what we can handle.

Song inspiration: Control


I M A G I N A T I O N 


Quote: "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Lesson: This world is what you make it and it all starts with a vision; imagine what you can create. I ain't have it yet but I can feel the energy. My imagination was real to me. A lot of people can imagine, but wouldn't believe it; couldn't fathom it. Believe in imagining it cause that's how you succeed.

Song inspiration: Nothing Is Stopping You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.