Have You Been Eating Sushi Wrong All This Time?


Tokyo sushi chef, Naomichi Yasuda, dives deep into teaching all of us the dos and don'ts when it comes to eating sushi. Having grown up in Vancouver for more than twenty-years, I have definitely eaten a fair share of sushi in my lifetime. Shockingly, after watching the following video, I have come to realize I have definitely been eating sushi wrong all my life.

Watch below to see if you pass the test (I highly doubt you will!)


Remember: the most important ingredient of the sushi is the rice, not the fish - that is the second ingredient!

Here are the 3 steps to take away and follow the next time you eat at a sushi restaurant:

1. Eat the plated pickled ginger separately from the soy sauce and piece of sushi. The pickled ginger functions to solely cleanse your palate.

2. Be gentle when it comes to dipping your piece of sushi in soy sauce. When dipping, first flip the sushi on its side and then lightly tap the soy sauce on the fish-side down.

3. Never shake soy sauce off your sushi (you're not trying to be the next Taylor Swift).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.